Boneo Buzz: 30th July
Dear Parents and Carers,
It is so exciting to have everyone back from Remote and Flexible learning. We have had a sensational couple of days, with the children excitedly catching up with friends and teachers, exploring our new garden, as well as joining in the incredible celebrations of the House Olympics today. Boneo was a sea of House colour – Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. What an extraordinary time it has been for our young people. I am truly amazed by their resilience when faced with uncertainty and extremes of emotion. They really have been living our school values.
Each year, we conduct opinion surveys amongst the school community. Last term, we conducted the Attitude to School survey with all students in Years 4 to 6. I am thrilled to share the outstanding results of the 2021 student survey. Over the last 3 years we have seen a steady improvement across all aspects of the survey but this year our results are exceptional as outlined below. As we enter a period of School Review this data is affirming that our key actions over the last few years are really having an impact.
Effective Teaching Practice for Cognitive Engagement
- Effective Teaching – 91% positive responses
- Differentiated Learning Challenge – 94% positive responses
- Stimulating Learning – 92% positive responses
- Effective Classroom Behaviour – 90% positive responses
Teacher Student Relationships
- High Expectations for success – 96% positive responses
- Effort – 90% positive responses
- My teacher cares about how I am feeling / My teacher looks after me – 96% positive responses
Learner Characteristics and Dispositions
- Sense of Confidence – 85% positive responses
- Perseverance – 82% positive responses
- Motivation and Interest – 91% positive responses
- Self-regulation and Goal setting – 91% positive responses
- Attitude to attendance – 89% positive responses
- School Connectedness – 87% positive responses
- Student Voice and Agency – 85% positive responses
- Sense of Inclusion – 95% positive responses
- Advocate at school – 94% positive responses
- Managing Bullying – 90% positive responses
- Respect for Diversity / It is okay to be different at this school – 96% positive responses
Parent Opinion Survey
Today, all parents and carers will receive an email invitation to participate in the 2021 Parent Opinion Survey. Results will be used to inform and direct our future school planning and improvement.
I ask you to please take the time to complete the survey as your opinions are important to us and will contribute to the future management and organisation of our school.
- The survey will be conducted online and should take 20 minutes to complete.
- The survey can be completed on any internet enabled device (iPad, Desktop or Laptop, Smartphone) and is compatible with most browsers.
- The survey will be open from Friday 30th July to Sunday 22nd August 2021.
Please be assured that your responses are completely confidential. The survey is conducted anonymously, and it is important to us that you complete the survey as honestly as possible.
Snapshot of Learning
Boneo House Olympics Day
Remote Learning – Art
Boneo Project – On-site Program
Parent Opinion Survey
Friday 30th July to Sunday 22nd August
Please see Compass post to access the survey
Friday 6th August
Student Free Day
Prep & Year 1 - Swimming Program
Monday 9th – Friday 13th August
Consent/payment due on Compass by 06/08
School Review Parent Information Session
Tuesday 17th August
2.15pm in the Staffroom
Year 3 - Somers Camp
Wednesday 18th – Friday 20th August
Consent/payment due on Compass by 30/07
Saturday 21st August
Prep & Year 1 have been allocated to car parking duty. Please contact the office if you are available to assist.