Boneo Buzz: 28th May
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Science has proven how resilient children can be despite great obstacles. I’m inspired by our young people and the way they accepted the news that we were heading into lockdown. I love the old African proverb ’It takes a village to raise a child.’ In today’s world that is all kinds of families raising and loving children. We have a wonderful community who is always ready to support each other.
As we move to a four-day period of remote and flexible learning from Monday 31st May – Thursday 3rd June (inclusive) I want to remind everyone that we are here to help parents and students.
Information that might be of assistance to you in talking to your child about COVID-19 is available. If you are concerned about your wellbeing or that of your child, please contact the school so we can talk with you about how we can best assist. Other sources of support include: Parent Line 13 22 89 and Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800.
The Department COVID-19 helpline is also available on weekdays from 8:30am to 5pm on 1800 338 663. For families with a child with a disability, the Association for Children with a Disability (ACD) has additional information. A web page with Learning from Home tips is available at: Support your child’s learning and this is available in more than 30 languages on Translated advice about learning from home.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or the school if you have any concerns during this period.
Please use the following link for instructions on accessing your child’s lesson plan via Compass; Home Learning on Compass Instructions
Student attendance on site next week
We will continue to provide on-site supervision for students in the following categories:
- children where both parents and/or carers are authorised workers who cannot work from home,
- work for an essential provider and where no other supervision arrangements can be made.
- where there are two parents/carers, both must be authorised workers, working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision
- For single parents/ carers, the authorised worker must be working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
Children experiencing vulnerability, including:
- children in out-of-home care
- children deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and is assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- children identified by a school as vulnerable, including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service.
- Students attending on site must be supervised at all times by staff with either current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration or a Working with Children Check.
Please ensure you complete the following form by 5pm Friday 28th May so that I can staff the supervision; Onsite Supervision Form
Last week, over 40 students represented the school at District Cross Country. It was an interesting and challenging course in some parts; a bit muddy and slippery. It was so impressive that every student completed the race and tried their hardest. All Boneo PS students did us proud both during their race and as spectators. Congratulations to the following students who have made it through to the Division round at Hastings: Milly (Year 6), Amelie (Year 5), Noah (Year 5), Adele (Year 5) and Charlotte (Year 3).
Snapshot of Learning
Year 6 – GRIP Leadership Conference
Wellbeing Cross Age Activities
Year 5 - Sovereign Hill Big Day Out
Wednesday 2nd June
Event cancelled due to lockdown restrictions – event to be rescheduled
Prep Library Excursion
Monday 7th June
Consent due on Compass by 20/05/21
Southern Peninsula Music Camp
Wednesday 16th – Friday 18th June
Selected students – Please see Compass event for details
6B Quantum Victoria
Wednesday 16th June
Consent required on Compass by 11/06/21
Joy of Learning - Math Open Morning
Thursday 17th June
Further details to follow via Compass
6A Quantum Victoria
Monday 21st June
Consent required on Compass by 18/06/21