Boneo Buzz: 27th November
Dear Parents and Carers,
I am excited to announce that David Greening and his wife Emma welcomed the safe arrival of a gorgeous son, Alfie Brian Steven Greening.
The Last Step of the roadmap for reopening from 11:59pm, Sunday 22 November has meant that some important and exciting updates have been made to school operations.
- Parents are welcomed back on the grounds, for school drop-offs and pick-ups. Activities involving parent volunteers can also resume. e.g. Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden and excursions.
- To support contact tracing, schools must continue to keep a record of all staff, students and visitors who attend on site for more than 15 minutes. This means that parents are unable to gather and socialise in the yard after school until restrictions ease. I encourage parents to support the new independence of children and allow them to keep walking to and from the car independently.
Graduation ceremonies and whole school events.
- Face-to-face year level assemblies and graduations can occur at full capacity if they are exclusively attended by students and staff only.
- Graduation ceremonies and other large gatherings on school site involving guests are subject to gathering limits; total venue cap (including students, staff and visitors) of 150 indoors or 300 outdoors. This means we are unable to welcome parents to whole school events until further easing of restrictions. Our Year 6 Graduation will still be streamed live to parents. Parents will be invited at the end of the evening to gather on the basketball court for pick up. We intend setting up a photo booth and conclude the evening with a formal thank you to leaving families.
Use of face masks
- Updated advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer requires that face masks must be worn indoors by people aged 12 years and over, unless an exemption applies.
- Face masks are not required outdoors except where physical distancing of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained.
The Library has closed for borrowing as we prepare to complete an end of year audit. To assist with this process, please ensure all library books are returned to school next week.
Snapshot of Learning
Somers Camp – Year 3
When we were at Somers Camp we did many things such as; archery, the giant swing, flying fox and much more. Somers Camp was so fun, even with Coronavirus!
We didn’t sleepover, but we had fun. Thanks to Somers for letting us visit. – Noah
Last week, we went to Somers Camp. It was amazing! There was real rock that you could climb without a harness. There was a rock climbing wall that really was actual rock climbing, because you had to wear a harness.
Archery is awesome. I learnt how to shoot an arrow. I have always wanted to do that, shoot an arrow. I sound like a villain doing sport. Amaze-balls!
Mini-golf is golf, just with little sections cut to play in. You move from hole to hole and the balls are different colors. Some of the clubs are adjustable for how tall you are.
Another successful week of Art Clubs.
On Wednesday, we had an unstructured craft club making flowers out of paper. The children were given a range of materials (coloured paper, patty cases, straws) and they had to use their imagination to come up with a 3D bouquet of flowers. The children’s work was outstanding and so creative!
On Thursday, we turned the lovely Mrs Barnett into a Pop Art cartoon character. This week, I stood off to the side, and the children chose the makeup and tools they needed to use. I only did small touch ups at the end, and as you can see from the photos, they were very successful into turning Mrs Barnett into a 2D comic book character!
Year 5/6 Kinect 2 Dance
Wednesdays from 11/11 – 9/12
Consent/Payment required on Compass by 18/11
Year 5 Activity Week
Tuesday 1st to Thursday 3rd December
Consent/Payment required on Compass by 27/11
Year 2 Not Sleepover
Thursday 3rd December
Consent/Payment required on Compass by 26/11
Year 4 The Ranch
Wednesday 9th December
Consent/Payment required on Compass by 1/12
Curriculum Day - Student Free Day
Friday 4th December
End of Year Show
Thursday 10th December
In school performance. Please see Compass for details sent by Ms Sison
Prep, Year 1 & 2 End of Year Celebration Day
Friday 11th December
Consent/Payment required on Compass by 8/12
Year 6 Graduation
Tuesday 15th December
2021 Step Up Day
Wednesday 16th December
9am – 12.15pm
Final Day Term 4
Friday 18th December
Early dismissal 1.15pm
Saturday 19th December
Students Return for 2021
Friday 29th January
All Year Levels