Boneo Buzz: 26th February
Dear Parents and Carers,
After a year where so many of us were disconnected from each other in 2020, ‘engagement and wellbeing’ will be a prime focus this year. It was fabulous last week to see so many parents and grandparents join us for our Friday Assembly at 9am.
‘Share the Joy of Learning’
Thursday 4th March at 8:45 – 10:30am
Join your child’s class for a morning of learning. This is a wonderful opportunity for parents and carers to experience a typical morning of learning at BPS so lock in the date. Due to ongoing DET Covid guidelines teachers will share a schedule with you so that we can maintain the ratio of adults in each space.
In 2021, we are seeking to:
- Develop strong cognitive engagement through our curriculum programs, catering for the diverse range of learners at BPS,
- Activate behavioural engagement through our review of the Wellbeing, Engagement and Attendance Policy; and
- Ignite community engagement within the school and beyond.
There are numerous ways for parents and carers to engage with the school and contribute to the BPS community. We understand that many families are busy and, as a result, there are a variety of levels of interaction including:
- Volunteering in the classroom and/or in school programs (on hold due to COVID)
- Accompanying the grade on school excursions and camps
- Assisting with the Kitchen Garden Program
- Attending special events, such as sporting events/assemblies, Family Food and Fun Night, Golf Day, Oaks Day and helping out where appropriate
- Supporting the students by attending various off-site sporting events
- Attending ‘Share the Joy of Learning’ offered each term
- Participating in the class coordinator program by taking on the role/s of class coordinator or by engaging in one of the social events. Our first meeting is this coming Monday 1st March at 9am in the staffroom. We will be planning the Family Food and Fun night scheduled for Friday 12th March
- Representing the parent community as a member of the School Council. These members meet eight times a year and also participate in at least one sub-committee. The annual School Council AGM is Tuesday 16th March at 6:30pm.
We want to acknowledge and thank our retiring council members:
- Sarah Munn
- Adam Alexander
- Lynsey Richmond
- Kathy Marsh
- Nicole Crean
I know you will join me in thanking these parents for their outstanding contribution to support the decision making at BPS.
A huge thank you and congratulations to the following new 2021/2022 parent representatives on School Council:
- Rhys Edmund
- Owen Goodwin
- Andrew Frost
- Paul Hollway
- Jessica Hennessey
- Ryan Miller
- Marija Pandza
Intention to Enrol
If you have a child starting Prep in 2022, please come to the office to complete an ‘Intention to Enrol’ form.
It is vital that we have an accurate count of the number of siblings commencing next year to ensure we remain within our enrolment cap.
Here is the link to the form if you wish to download a copy;
Please complete this process prior to the end of Term 1.
Snapshot of Learning
TREC in Action
SAKG with Year 3
Kinect 2 Dance - Prep to Year 4
Commencing Tuesday 16th February
Parents please note the addition of an extra session on Tuesday 9th March due to the cancelled session this week.
Year 5 & 6 - Beach Days
6A – 2nd March, 6B – 3rd March, 5A – 9th March, 5B – 10th March
Please see Compass event for payment/consent details
'Share the Joy of Learning' - Open Morning
Thursday 4th March
Please see information sent via Compass from your child’s teacher
Family, Food & Fun Night
Friday 12th March
Save the Date – Details to follow
Year 6 Camp
Tuesday 16th – Friday 19th March
Please see Compass event for payment/consent details.
Saturday 20th March
Boneo Fundraiser - Golf Day
Friday 26th March
See details in this edition of the Buzz